The Pinup look is actually one of the fastest looks to achieve and I will show you how to do it in this tutorial.
For the Eyes:
- Apply a shimmery champagne eyeshadow in the inner corners of the eye slightly extending it to the lid.
- Apply a matte light nude eyeshadow to the rest of the lid.
- Now take a small crease brush and use it to place a dark brown almost black shadow on the outer V of the crease.
- Using the same brush, blend the dark color to the rest of the crease and upward towards the brow bone.
- Use a black liquid liner to create a dramatic winged out line on the upper lid. Like this:
- Start out with a thin line, and once you have the exact line you want, make it thicker.
- Apply your favorite mascara.
- Optional- apply False lashes if you want the look to be more dramatic
For the Lips:
- Make sure your lips are moisturized by applying chap-stick or Vaseline.
- Fully line your lips with a lip pencil, and then apply your favorite red lipstick.
- Now apply a tiny amount of shimmery white eyeshadow to the center of the lips using your finger. This will make your lips look fuller.
For a true 50s look, keep the liquid liner on the top, never on the lower lash line.
If you don't want to apply false lashes, then make sure to apply a lot of mascara to the top lashes and barely any to the bottom lashes. This will create a similar effect.
Keep the foundation Matte and flawless.
Don't over do it with the blush.
Never apply lip liner outside the natural lip line in order to make the lips look bigger. This hardly ever looks natural.
You need to take your hair color into consideration when choosing your red. Remember that your favorite red lipstick may not look as great on you if you have changed your haircolor.