Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tutorial: Fall 2011 Look- Inspired by Beyonce

Hello my dear makeup friends!
Oh how I have missed this blog! I know it has been a while since I have posted, but I am back. I have been super busy in both my professional life and my personal life. Between motherhood, purchasing and remodeling a new house, going back into the workforce, and a million other things, I have abandoned my blog. Eleni has been holding down the fort while I was gone, and she has done a fabulous job. I know you all enjoyed her super cute looks. Okay, enough with the blabber, I know you will forgive me. I finally took pictures of a look and I can't wait to share it with you. 


I, along with probably all makeup bloggers out there, fell in love with the makeup looks in Beyonce's new video "Countdown." Here is my own version of one of the looks in the video. I used colors that compliment my complexion, so don't expect an exact copy, this is just inspired by it.


Here is the look I'm talking about:
It's retro, fresh, and cute! What's not to love?

Now here is my interpretation:
I used more gold and bronze colors instead of the yellow. I try to stay away from yellow when it comes to my makeup, It really does not look too good with my complexion.
-Tutorial!
For the eyes:
  1. Apply a Gold or Yellow eyeshadow to the inner half of your lid. Make sure to apply to the inner corners of the eye.
  2. Use a crease brush to apply a brown shadow to you crease, blending it really well.
  3. Now apply a dark bronze shadow to the outer corner of the crease, blending the color into the gold.
  4. Line your upper lid with a black liquid liner and wing it out at the end.
  5. Use a black pencil to softly line under the waterline and blend it in with a brush so that there are no harsh edges.
  6. Apply your favorite mascara, or you can apply false lashes like I did to give a little more drama to your eyes.
For the face I used my Temptu AirPod foundation, bronzer, blush and highlighter. You can just use your favorite dewy foundation and a cream blush to get that "pregnancy glow" like Beyonce's.

I hope you have fun creating your own version of this look!

***Jaday***
 Like us on Facebook and Tweet us on Twitter!


3 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back!,

    Beautiful look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon your blog, Love it! Where can I find your prices? I live in Sunrise do you travel there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, I'm so glad you like the blog. Yes we do travel to sunrise. Fill out a contact form and I will email you a price sheet. Looking forward to hearing from you :)

    ReplyDelete