Monday, April 16, 2012

Modern 60's Inspired- Yellow

I have been obsessed with 60's fashion and makeup lately. I guess I can blame it on Mad Men, but the truth is I have always loved all things retro. The clothes, the style, the makeup, everything was just so much more exciting than now! When it comes to work, I give the client what she wants, which lately has been what I like to call "the Kim Kardashian" look: Smokey eyes, bronzed cheeks, and glossy nude lips.

When it comes to my personal style, I tend to stick to either Pinup style makeup, or Mod 60's makeup. Maybe I should be more adventurous and wear more color, but I find this retro style of makeup not only easy to achieve, but also flattering on me, so I end up wearing it more often than not. For this particular look, I used a bright yellow color to make it more suited for spring. I love how it came out.  Here is the look:




Read on for more pictures and makeup tips for spring!





Tips:
This is a very simple look. What sets it apart is the bright yellow liner. If you feel like you are falling into a rut when it comes to your makeup, then try this:

  •  Add a bright and fun pop of color by using eye shadow as a liner. Apply black liquid liner, and then right above that line, apply the colorful liner. This is a great way to add color to your makeup routine.
  • Try a bright lipstick like fuchsia, or pink. Avoid frosty shades, which look dated, instead look for matte lipsticks. If you want to add a hint of shine, you can apply your favorite liner on top.
  • Not a lot of time for makeup? Apply a tinted moisturizer and then bring attention to your cheeks using a coral, or very pink blush, apply mascara and lipgloss and you are ready for spring!

I hope you liked the look :)


JADAY

View Our Professional Portfolio



 
Like us on Facebook and Tweet us on Twitter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment