Saturday, October 30, 2010

Review- Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Ludwig

Time for another review! This time we will take a look at the Kat Von Ludwig Palette. As you must know by now, I am a big fan of Kat's makeup line especially her eyeshadow palettes. This one did not disappoint.

Photo from Sephora.com

This is the official information about the shades, provided by the Sephora website:

The Ludwig palette contains the shades:
- Lucifer (matte charcoal black)
- Orbi (golden green shimmer)
- Dimebag (metallic lime green)
- Clay (beige with gold glitter)
- Tequila (metallic cornsilk shimmer)
- Downtown (metallic light copper shimmer)
- Baroque (golden bronze shimmer)
- Leather (deep chocolate brown sheen)
- Two double-ended applicator brushes

I tested this palette on a look that is coming up soon and the shadows looked gorgeous. They are creamy, satiny and glide on very easily. What I liked the most about the product was that you can really control the intensity of the shades since they go on very lightly at first, but if you apply a little more, then you get a more dramatic color.

My favorite colors on the Palette were the Greens and the Chocolate color. They are the perfect colors for fall and winter. This is a great palette to carry in your makeup bag, because you can create a natural look, or a dramatic smoky eye with it. Overall I recommend it if you are looking for day to day makeup and especially earth tones.

Stay tuned for a new makeup look featuring this palette and also for  a review of the Tarte "Jewerly Box" palette.


Note:
I know things have been a little slow around here this past 2 weeks, but I am due any day now with baby Amelie and since I have been on Bed-rest that really limits my work (for now.) However, I still have some makeup magic "cooking" so keep checking back for more looks, tutorials, and reviews.


Jaday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment